I’ll be doing Baybayin translations as part of an Asian American Community Forum on April 28, 2012 10am-3pm @ the Sonoma State University Cooperage. Drop by and let’s talk about Baybayin and our culture.
We want to personally invite you to join us for “Embracing & Celebrating Diversity: An Asian American Community Forum” on April 28, 2012, 10 am – 3 pm in the Cooperage @ Sonoma State University. FREE ADMISSION and open to the public. Please plan to attend in support of our Filipino-Asian American community!
The schedule includes:
* Opening & closing ceremony performances by Lizae Reyes accompanied by Filipino indigenous music with Alexis Canillo & Titania Buchholdt
* An intergenerational diverse panel: panel members include Jeannette Anglin, Michael Uyeno, Richard Hunt, Jenn DeLa Cruz, Carol Kawase
* Filipino author Peter Jamero is the keynote speaker
* Performance piece by Christine Jugueta accompanied by live music
* Community potluck – bring your favorite dish
* Traditional Filipino dances by Kapwa
* Cultural fashion show: models include MaryBelle B, Jay Landayan Malvar, Alexis Canillo, Trisha Hunt (to name a few)
* Group discussions – let’s talk about our cultures!
* Jam with indigenous instruments – Everyone
Come and bring your family and friends! Please distribute the attached flyer to your family & friends as well! The event is on Facebook too. Hope to see you there! Salamat po,
Karen & FANHS Board Members
Sponsored by FAASSU (Filipino American Assn. @ SSU), FANHS (Filipino American National Historical Society), FACSCI (Filipino American Community of SoCo, Inc), CfBS (Center for Babaylan Studies), Dr. Elisa Velasquez , SSU Director of Diversity, SSU Academic Senate Diversity Committee, and SSU Multicultural Center.